WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This program is intended for any person that writes technical documents.
By the end of this programme, the participants will be able to:
- Understand what distinguishes Technical Writing tasks from those required in other professions
- Organize information in a logical sequence
- Build a logical structure into any technical document
- Make conclusions clear and memorable
- Communicate complex information without dumbing down
- Write for their readers, using an appropriate level of language and without getting bogged down in the detail
- Transform complex information into readable, understandable prose
- Make sentences clear and easy to follow, no matter how complex the subject matter
- Present data effectively, including how best to use graphs, tables, charts and graphics
COURSE OVERVIEW & CONTENT
No matter how brilliant an idea, if it’s not conveyed clearly, its value is never realized. This Technical Writing training programme is designed for Engineers, Technical and Professionals who must produce technical documents as part of their work.
Covering a comprehensive list of topics, this programme will teach participants how to communicate complex information with clarity, conciseness, and force.
- Introduction To Technical Writing
- What Is Technical Writing?
- What Is The Purpose Of Technical Writing?
- The Importance Of Technical Writing
- Who Are The Readers?
- Types Of Technical Writing:
- Formatted Technical Writing
- Free Format Technical Writing
- The Differences Between Regular And Technical Writing
- Technical Writing Structure
- Main Subject
- Summary And Conclusion
- Signature & Stamp
- The Steps Of The Process Of Technical Writing
- Purpose Of Writing
- Planning For Technical Writing
- Collecting Data
- Analyzing Data
- Concluding/ Write Up
- Proofreading And Reviewing
- Characteristics Of Effective Technical Writing
- Technical Writing Presentation Skills
- Chronological Order
- Spelling And Grammar
- Group Discussions
- Group & Individual Exercises
- Role Plays
- Action Plan
COURSE DURATION: THREE DAYS