WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is a good introduction for anyone interested in understanding the power of marketing and how it can improve company performance. The course is designed for those new to the topic, or wishing to get involved in the use of marketing within their company.
For people who have little exposure to marketing and its significance in promoting the products and services of an organisation. For example, engineers, support personal, sales staff and sometimes even managers may not be involved in day-to-day marketing or have any say in the strategies made in a company. However, knowledge of marketing can significantly help them to understand the complexity and also the power it has over the success of a product.
By the end of this programme, the participants will be able to:
- Understand historical approaches to marketing and how marketing process works in practice
- Analyse your company in relation with your competitors and by examining your customers’ decision making process
- Segment the market, target each segment and use a marketing mix to address each segment as part of your marketing strategy
- Use product life cycle to decide on your marketing strategy
- Set your pricing strategy using a variety of methods and in line with supply and demand
- Identify distribution channels and setup various ways to get your products to customers ahead of your competitors
- Use four main elements of promotion to popularise your products
- Follow a number of well-established marketing guidelines to maximise your chances of success
COURSE OVERVIEW & CONTENT
Marketing is an essential element for every business. It can be that one missing piece of the puzzle, and when it fits the big picture is revealed. Your participants will be given an introduction to marketing and its benefits. If you are not marketing your business you will not grow, and if you do not grow you will not succeed.
Fundamentals Of Marketing will provide the basic knowledge to your participants, and give them the ability to build and grow your business. Marketing has changed a lot recently and having a new perspective will give your participants the needed information to assist them in their marketing decisions. No matter what your product or service is, your business will benefit with a better understanding of marketing.
The course provides many opportunities to participants to explore marketing methods used by their own organisations and critically evaluate them with the help of other delegates and the trainer. If delegates are from various organisations, this can provide a great opportunity to borrow marketing ideas from other industries which historically has been a great source of marketing innovation.
- Introduction To Marketing
- What Is Marketing?
- What Are The Historical Approaches To Marketing?
- How Does Modern Marketing Differ From Historical Approaches?
- What Is Involved In A Marketing Process?
- What Techniques Are Used For Situational Analysis?
- How Does Marketing Relate To Sales And What Does This Mean When Planning Your Strategy?
- What Is A Swot Analysis And How Can You Take Advantage Of It In Marketing?
- How Customers Decide?
- How Can You Influence Customers In Each Stage Of Their Decision Making Process?
- How To Devise A Marketing Strategy To Appeal To Customers In Each Stage Of Their Decision Making Process?
- How To Segment The Market?
- How To Target The Market Based On Specific Segmentations?
- How To Devise A Marketing Mix And Position Your Products Appropriately According To Your Target Market?
- What Are Various Positioning Strategies And What Are Their Advantages And Disadvantages?
- What Is The Life Cycle Of A Product?
- What To Consider When Developing Products In Line With Your Marketing Mix?
- What Is Involved In The Process Of Pricing Your Products?
- How To Price Your Products In Line With Your Objectives?
- What Legal Issues Should You Be Aware Of When Pricing?
- What Are Supply And Demand Curves And How Can You Use Them When Setting Up Your Prices?
- Should You Have Variations Of A Single Product? If So, How Many?
- How To Price Multiple Variations Of A Product To Maximise Your Profit?
- Marketing Mix: Place/Distribution
- What Is The Importance Of Distribution And What Is Involved?
- What Are Various Types Of Sales Channels?
- How Can You Promote Your Product?
- What Are The 4 Principal Elements Of Promotion?
- How To Use Viral Marketing?
- What Is Involved In Branding?
- What Are Best Practices In Marketing?
- What Are The Critical Areas In Marketing That Can Make All The Difference?
- Group Discussions
- Group & Individual Exercises
- Case Studies
- Action Plan
COURSE DURATION: THREE DAY