WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This programme is intended for all Employees, Call Centre Staff, Customer Service Personnel and Anyone Who Uses Phones Regularly.
By the end of this programme, the participants will be able to:
- Understand callers’ mentality and adopt effective strategies to become more comfortable in handling any situation
- Handle emotionally charged conversations on the phone while staying in control
- Ask ideal questions from callers to maximise information transfer
- Handle your phone conversations professionally and leave a positive impression on the other person
- Handle phone calls based on the types of people you are communicating with
- Provide information clearly and efficiently while increasing retention and checking understanding
- Control your tone and voice, adopt an ideal attitude and choose words carefully to present a positive image of yourself and your services
- Handle challenging scenarios and common situations when interacting on the phone
- Listen actively to callers and demonstrate that you understand their needs
- Hold a positive attitude towards complaints and appreciate how they benefit organisations.
COURSE OVERVIEW & CONTENT
Making good phone conversations is all about knowing what to say, when to say and how to say it. All three require examples and a persistent attitude to practice until mastered. The course is designed from the outset to satisfy all three areas. We believe it is critical for learners to see how a conversation can fail before they are told how they should perform it. This is why the courses contains many examples of failed phone conversations in addition to effective and professional conversation suggestions that demonstrate how not to handle a particular situation.
In our experience, just mentioning an ideal practice once is not good enough as it is easy for delegates to fall back to bad habits and forget it altogether. Repeated exposure to the content in addition to participation in real-life scenarios will significantly help delegates to master the techniques discussed in the course and indeed this is how this course is designed.
- How To Serve People On The Phone?
- What Callers Want?
- What Do You Want?
- What People Don’t Like About Phone Conversations?
- How To Establish Rapport?
- How To Connect To Callers Emotionally?
- How To Control Your Tone Of Voice?
- How To Be Emotionally Skilled?
- How To Obtain Information?
- How To Ask Efficient Questions To Get Maximum Amount Of Information?
- How To Minimise Misunderstandings?
- How To Ask Probing Questions?
- How To Provide Information?
- How To Present Data Or Guidelines So A Customer Can Easily Follow And Understand?
- What Not To Do When Providing Information?
- How To Hold Telephone Conversations?
- What Are Common Situations You Need To Handle When On The Phone?
- How To Open Phone Conversations?
- How To Answer Phones?
- How To Close A Phone Conversation?
- How To Put On Hold?
- How To Transfer?
- How To Pick Up Someone Else’s Phone?
- How To Control Your Tone And Your Content?
- How To Structure Your Sentences?
- How To Get Around The Lack Of Body Language Signals?
- How To Talk With An Appropriate Rate Of Speech?
- How To Deal With Common Scenarios?
- How To Respond To Angry, Demanding Or Other Types Of Callers?
- What Strategies Can You Use When You Encounter Difficult Situations?
- How To Exploit The Power Of Listening Skills?
- What Callers Want And How To Show That You Understand Their Requests?
- What Types Of Complainers Exist?
- What Are The Best Strategies To Deal With Each Type Of Complainers?
- What Should You Be Aware Of When Dealing With Each Type To Prevent The Encounter From Becoming Unproductive?
- Group Discussions
- Group & Individual Exercises
- Role Plays
- Action Plan
COURSE DURATION: ONE DAY